Good News – May Launch added to Calendar!

The BOD has decided to have a May launch on the 24th and 25th at Eagle Eye. We have our 50,000ft waiver. So come join us! Fire restrictions are in place so no campfires will be allowed. We are going to start to collect launch fees for our launches as we need to purchase a few things such as launch pads and controllers for the Orbital Launch. Fees will be $5 for members and $10 for non-members. The fees cover the entire weekend.

We will have a fliers meeting first thing to go over the clubs launch procedures for the small venues at Eagle Eye. We want to maintain a safe relaxed atmosphere where all of our members contribute to the flight operations. Our intention is to maintain the Tripoli research rules while not having to burden volunteers to sit up at the range head and do RSO and LCO duty for several hours. In summary the procedures are as follows:

Every rocket will be required to have a flight card and go through the RSO/LCO requirements. We will identify all individuals that are L2 or greater and willing to RSO rockets and LCO. We will spend a few minutes to teach the LCOs how to operate the PA system. From that point forward, it will be the fliers responsibility to find one of the identified RSOs to inspect their rocket and sign their flight card. The flier will also be responsible to find someone willing to be LCO for their flight. It will be the LCOs responsibly to ensure that the flight card has been signed off by a RSO.

Scott Hertel
Prefect

Clear
Sunday 08/19 0%
Clear
Clear. Lows overnight in the low 80s.
Clear
Monday 08/20 20%
Clear
Sunny, along with a few afternoon clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 102F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Tuesday 08/21 30%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Widely scattered showers or a thunderstorm early. Then partly cloudy. High 96F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Clear
Wednesday 08/22 20%
Clear
Sunny along with a few clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 96F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Thursday 08/23 50%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 94F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Clear
Friday 08/24 10%
Clear
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High 96F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Ready for BALLS 23?

Thanks to all who attended the April launch.  The weather didn’t cooperate Saturday, but Sunday gave us decent weather and good flights.

As the Phoenix daytime temperatures rise into the 100’s it is time to move inside and begin preparations for BALLS 23!  Don’t forget to share your projects and travel plans with your TRAPHX club members in the forums.

See you in September!

Clear
Sunday 08/19 0%
Clear
Mostly clear. Lows overnight in the upper 80s.
Clear
Monday 08/20 20%
Clear
Sunny along with a few clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 108F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
Partly Cloudy
Tuesday 08/21 20%
Partly Cloudy
Considerable clouds early. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 101F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Wednesday 08/22 40%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Partly cloudy early. Scattered thunderstorms developing in the afternoon. High 101F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Partly Cloudy
Thursday 08/23 20%
Partly Cloudy
Partly cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 99F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

April is here, are you ready for the last TRAPHX launch till Balls?

Don’t miss the April launch @ Eagle Eye site.  This will be the last Tripoli Phoenix launch before the 100+ degree summer weather shows up in May/June and takes some of the fun out of flying rockets in Arizona.  If you miss the April launch, you will have to wait till September when we venture to Blackrock for the BALLS launch, or October when we resume Arizona launching .

Check out the Eagle Eye launch site information here.

See you at the launch!

March ARG! Launch Cancelled!

I regret to inform everyone that, our efforts to get a waiver in place for the March Launch have been exhausted. Apparently, LA Center is not approving any rocketry waivers at this time; and our last ditch effort to get a waiver from Albuquerque Center for Eagle Eye in place for March fell through today.

Therefore, we are canceling ARG and the March Launch.

We are going to continue to work on getting the waiver for the Cypress site for the October launch. I am going to engage Tripoli National and Tripoli San Diego to determine what the issue is with LA Center.

The good news is, our April Launch will be at Eagle Eye and the waiver for 50,000 MSL is already approved!

Scott Hertel Prefect

Arizona’s Premier Rocketry Club